Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Big Step

Thanks to a persistent buddy who never fails to push me when I have no energy to do it myself; I have taken another great step forward. After being cleared by my neurologist, I went to the DMV to get my learners permit. This is the first time I've been behind the wheel since having my license revoked due to seizure activity. I'm feeling a bit anxious for my road test on August 1st and what that means for me going forward. How will this change the outings with my friends? Will there now be pressure to get a vehicle I cannot afford? Am I the only TBI or stroke survivor that finds it hard to resist any kind of peer pressure now? I find it frustrating, embarrassing and unacceptable. Back to the topic at hand though, I cannot believe how fast life is still progressing for me. Everything looks COMPLETELY different than it did seven months ago, myself included. There is still that one battle that I still can't quite get a handle on... my weight. But that's a post for another day. We are going to keep this one upbeat, yay for progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment