Monday, September 28, 2009

Aunty's Eulogy...

"Love her. Love her, but leave her wild." I believe that was the only way to properly love Aunty P. Her fiercely independent spirit was perfectly matched with her disregard for approval and following the pack. Because of her charisma she is still the only woman I know that would make friends just sitting on the porch or driveway. I know that she's wondering what all the fuss is about, but grateful and moved by the love for her; and impact she may not have fully believed she made. Now is the time for celebration, Aunty is free of pain and probably already playing some jokes on a few of us! I will miss you always Aunty P, and will continue to enhance and pay attention...
to the gifts you talked to me about. I'll practice singing on my back to strengthen my vocal chords like you taught me, but mostly I will do my best to emulate the light you were for all who knew or needed you. Aloha, Aunty!

No comments:

Post a Comment