Sunday, January 23, 2011

More work...

I decided to accept an invite to go to Vegas with my friends knowing I had no money. My amazing mother surprised my with some funds before I left and my generous friends were willing to cover me as long as I wanted to go. I am blessed, humbled and blessed. That being said I have recently been weaning myself off of my cane only really using it for three gym now but anticipating a ton of walking I brought it with. My friends were infinitely patient with my slow gate and finding transportation when I was about ready to collapse but I only had one good day/night in me needing to veg out in the hotel room for the remainder of the weekend missing a lot and trying not to dampen the spirits of my friends that were desperately trying to figure out a way for me to rally if it was just about my leg being tired I would have considered letting them rent me a wheelchair, but it was everything. The lights, the smoke, the people, the sounds... Imagine how overstimulated you feel in that environment after a while and multiply it by a hundred I did okay but I still obviously need a lot more work before I  can feel confident that I'm enriching the trip for my loved ones and not just making more work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment