Sunday, August 30, 2009

Big realizations

Sitting in my friends backyard it just dawned on me that I've achieved my past stroke life goal. I was working every single day will one thought in mind; this is so I can live independently again.
I've finally done it.
Here on the Big Island I'm living in my own apartment, paying my own bills and keeping up the maintenance, cleanliness and stocking of previsions. I cook for myself, I get myself around. I'm enjoying my solitary time and breathe easier knowing that I've figured it out, I'm finally at the point where everyday is mine alone to conquer. The choice to let others share it or assist me with rides is just that; a choice. It's not a necessity, I'm no longer dependant on anyone in my support system, except occasional emotional support.
I am now free to work on my new professional, educational and physical goals. They're important but my deepest most imperative milestone had been crossed and proven since December.
This feels phenomenal. Thank you to all of you who helped me get here. Thank you to those who still make my days easier and more pleasant. I love and appreciate you more than I'll ever be able to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment